- Release Data
- Game Credits
- Also Playing
- Collection Stats
- Game Trivia
- Cheats not working on single player?
- Top Voted Answer
- More Questions from This Game
- Can Left for Dead 2 be played single player?
- Does Left 4 Dead have cheat codes?
- How do I open the console in Left 4 Dead 2?
- Does Left 4 Dead have single player?
Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
Cheats not working on single player?
I cant use cheats on single player and it keepstelline=g me to do the map mapname thing
Top Voted Answer
thanks for the love of the instructions. without you I can not use a cheat, only cheat that I use for multiplayer. I also use steam left 4 dead 2 steam .. I can not use cheat turned out where the problem is in single player
menu >> console (~) >> type mapname >> enter >> console again (~) >> typesv_cheats 1
thanks you very much 100% successful
Haha, same problem here. I use the Steam version but I have same problem as you. Like usual, activate developer console (option,keyboard), then press ~ at main menu, type "map mapname". Example "map c1m1_hotel" (without quotation mark).
And yes, you need to do this and can't activate cheats straight from single player campaign. Worry not, you can tune everything in your game (like difficulty, character to use) via developer console. Just find all the commands from internet.(Video) How To Enable Cheats on Left 4 Dead 2
Anyway, after the game starts, type "sv_cheats 1" and you're good to go. The command I usually use is "sv_infinite_ammo 1" and "god 1"
Go to the main menu and adjust the options to allow the developer console. Back at the menu again, enter the console and type "map" and the map name (a list of options should appear). Once you're in the map, try the console. If it doesn't work,restart the game. You may also have to disable/re-enable the console, then restart the game before entering a map. Just play around with it.
In the options, enable the "developer console". (I believe it's in keyboard-advanced, but I may well bewrong.)
Now, press the "~" key (To the left of the "1" key). This will bring up the console. Type "sv_cheats 1" to enable cheats. Now, type "map <mapname>" to play a map. (Replace <mapname> with the name of the map, obviously.)
Here is a list of map names:
www.nextlevelgamer.com/left-4-dead/left-4-dead-2-map-list(Video) How to use cheats in Left 4 Dead (PC)
first go to the main menu then press~and type',map (c1m1or c1m2 etc(C=Campaign M=Mission))after loading press ~ again then type sv_cheats 1 then voila there comes the cheats
(P.S=If you cheat the give smg_mp5 you must type the level again)
You're browsing GameFAQs Q&A as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to ask and answer questions.
More Questions from This Game
Tips on killing the survivors:
1. Spawning--Spawning in the right spot is key. Some infected are better in front of the group and some are better behind. At the start of a level it may be best to spawn in the Safe Room after the survivors leave.
2. Kill stealing--Never steal a kill. If someone has trapped a survivor than do not take that kill. Infected than can steel kills are: Jockey (only from Smoker) Hunter (from anything but a Charger), Charger, Boomer (when it standstoo close and explodes), Smokers (only from a Jockey), and a Tank.
3. Team work--Coordinate your attacks, talk with one another.
4. Stay Hidden--If you are wait to ambush or are recharging than hide. You would be surprised on how well you stick out.
5. Car alarms--Get near a car with an alarm. Sometimes they miss you and hit the car.
6. Fire--Fire hurts. A lot. You will burn until you die. Stop, drop and roll will not help you.
7. Ambush--A well timed andplaned ambush usually takes them out quick.
8. Boomer--The Boomer has very little hit points. Hide and ambush, do not charge. A fat zombie can only run so fast. If you puke than say around the survivors, if you explode than you will coat them in that dripping fluid that the common infected just love. Do not stand too close to a survivor that is pined. If you get shot than the explosion frees the survivor. The Boomer is better spawned in the front.
9. Charger--The charger is fast,strong, and powerful. Before you hit RT to charge, tail behind the target to insure a good hit. A Charger will carry a survivors until it hits something or runs out of energy. It can also hit more than one survivor. The first is pined and the rest fly in the air. If you are playing a map with a cliff than a Charger can hit a survivor off the cliff causing suicide and an instant kill. Even if you miss as the Charger it can hit hard by pressing LT. A Charger is better in the front.
10.Hunter--A Hunter can leap in the air and pounce a survivor. To leap far aim up. A Hunter can hit hard but does not have much hit points. It can also pounce on uncompensated survivors. A Hunter us better on high ground or behind.
11. Jockey--The Jockey can jump on a survivor and carry him or her. Use it to carry a survivor into an acid patch or away from the group. Do not carry it into fire; the fire will do more damage to you than the survivor. You can also carry a savior off a cliff.This will kill you but it will incorporate the survivor. A Jockey is better in the back.
12. Smoker--A Smoker will lash its long tong at a survivor and drag them away. They can hide on roof tops and still snag a kill. Smokers are best on roof tops or in the back.
13. Spitter--The Spitter can launch a lump of acid that forms a large puddle that cause major damage. Use it to spit on survivors that are pinned, uncompensated or on small walkways to from chock points. If you die than asmall puddle of acid will form. Use that to your advantage. A Spitter is better on higher ground or in front.
14. Tank--The Tank is the Chuck Norris of the Zombie World. It has massive hit points and damage. A healthy survivor can run faster than a tank though. Do not let them surround you, do not chase a healthy survivor in an open area, and do not smack a teammate’s victim. A Tank can throw chunks of concrete at saviors but it takes time. A Tank can smack a survivor off a cliff causingan instant kill or smack a car on a survivor causing incapacitation. If you do not attack the survivors than you will lose control.
Can Left for Dead 2 be played single player?
Single Player avatar used in Left 4 Dead 2. Play a single player offline game with computer-controlled teammates. Single Player is a gameplay mode with only one player controlled character. The player assumes control of one of the Survivors, and all the other characters are AI controlled.
Does Left 4 Dead have cheat codes?
Here's how: Go to Main Menu > Options > Keyboard/Mouse, then enable Allow Developer Console. Load the game, then press the tilde (~) key to open the console. Type sv_cheats 1 at the prompt and press Enter to enable cheats.
How do I open the console in Left 4 Dead 2?
In Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, it can be activated in the Options menu (go to "Keyboard/Mouse", then Enable the "Allow Developer Console" option) and then displayed by pressing the tilde (~) key. Valve features a quick-type feature in their consoles that allows rapid entry of commands.
Does Left 4 Dead have single player?
Left 4 Dead uses Valve's proprietary Source engine, with four game modes: a single-player mode in which allied characters are controlled by AI, a four-player co-op campaign mode, an eight-player online versus mode, and a four-player survival mode.
Left 4 Dead 2 is undeniably a multiplayer-game, designed to emphasize teamwork and excel when you bring buddies who can watch your back. Hell, it even won the “Better With Friends” award in the inaugural Steam Awards. But as I've noted in a few earlier articles, my preferred way to play is completely solo.How to cheat on Left 4 Dead single player? ›
- Buddha - Receive damage, but will not die.
- give X - Give any item (where X = item name)
- god - God Mode.
- impulse 10 - All weapons and ammunition.
- nb_blind 1 - Infected cannot see you.
- noclip - Walk through walls.
- sv_infinite_ammo 1 - Infinite ammunition (no reloads)
Left 4 Dead 2 is undeniably a multiplayer-game, designed to emphasize teamwork and excel when you bring buddies who can watch your back. Hell, it even won the “Better With Friends” award in the inaugural Steam Awards. But as I've noted in a few earlier articles, my preferred way to play is completely solo.How do you open commands in Left 4 Dead 2? ›
In Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, it can be activated in the Options menu (go to "Keyboard/Mouse", then Enable the "Allow Developer Console" option) and then displayed by pressing the tilde (~) key. Valve features a quick-type feature in their consoles that allows rapid entry of commands.How do you enable Sv_cheats 1 in l4d2? ›
- From main menu, go in campaign mode, create a lobby, Make it >LOCAL HOST<, Start the game.
- Open DEV.Console, Type it in -- SV_Pure 1.
- On the DEV. ...
- Now that you are in Main Menu, Open DEV.Console once again and write --- MAP YOURMAPNAME YOURGAMEMODE --
Go to your server panel and navigate to the Console . Once there, type sv_cheats 1 in the text bar to enable cheats and click Send . If you were to disable cheats, then type sv_cheats 0 instead. After that, you can confirm cheats are toggled by the in-game message.How to play as infected in single player l4d2? ›
Go to l4d2 properties and then launch options. Launch the game. Then press m or your designated team switch button to switch teams. Additionally, if you want to spawn as a specific zombie, type in z_spawn hunter/spitter/tank etc.Does Left 4 Dead have a single player campaign? ›
Left 4 Dead contains four game modes: Campaign, Versus, Survival, and Single-Player. Campaign consists of up to four human-controlled survivors who attempt to make their way between safe rooms and eventually to rescue.How to play Left 4 Dead 2 without bots? ›
- Go to: Library -> Right Click in "Left 4 Dead 2" -> Properties. ...
- Execute the game.
- Check that the console is working and binded to a key (Binded means that you can bring it up In-Game when you please by pressing a key) .
When focusing on the main objectives, Left 4 Dead 2 is about 10 Hours in length. If you're a gamer that strives to see all aspects of the game, you are likely to spend around 55½ Hours to obtain 100% completion.
Go to Main Menu > Options > Keyboard/Mouse, then enable Allow Developer Console. Load the game, then press the tilde (~) key to open the console. Type sv_cheats 1 at the prompt and press Enter to enable cheats.How to cheat in left 4 dead map? ›
Start the game, and the console window should appear at the main menu. Enter ” bind p toggleconsole ” as a console command. Then, type one of the following ” map [map name]” codes and press [Enter] to load the corresponding map.What does Sv_cheats 2 do? ›
This boolean ConVar enables/disables cheats on the server. Enabling this will disable Achievements. It also gives you access to commmands that would normally be abused or misused by players.How do I enable cheats in hl2? ›
Half-Life 2 Cheats. Turn on the cheat console in-game, and press the tilde (~) to bring it up. You can then type the codes in below for the desired effect... Hit tilde “~” and type "npc_create npc_ [name]” to spawn an NPC.What does Sv_cheats 1 mean? ›
sv_cheats 1. The default value is 0, when sv_cheats is set to 1, it means that it has been activated. Please note, that it is not only activated for you, but for everyone in the server. So everyone else will be able to use the same commands, except bots.Why is Sv_cheats 1 not working? ›
If you were playing sinleplayer, co-op, or any other mode before launching the map through the console, sv_cheats won't work. Restart the game and load up the map throug hthe console before starting any gamemode. You have to enter the command "sv_cheats 1" in the main menu, after that use the map command.How do I activate easy anti cheat? ›
- Open Sniper Elite 5 in Steam.
- In the game launcher, click on the cog. symbol.
- Select the tick box next to Play with Easy Anti-Cheat.
- Click OK. This will close the window.
- Click the PLAY button in the launcher.
- You will then be prompted to install Easy Anti-Cheat. Please click Yes.
Cheat Mode is an option found in the game settings on the Continue Game or Start New Game screen and is located under the Advanced tab. It allows you to control whether players will have access to the Creative Menu in their game.How do you change characters in l4d2 single player? ›
It's the ~ button on the top left corner of your keyboard, under the 'esc' button. HOWEVER - Keep in mind to do this, you must be playing with sv_cheats 1.What is the Versus mode in l4d2? ›
Versus is the basic competitive mode for the Left 4 Dead series. Two separate teams of 4 players take turns playing as the Survivors and the Infected, competing for the most points. Points are only awarded to teams playing as the Survivors.
The Green Flu, commonly referred to as The Infection was the name given to an unknown virus that converted most humans who came into contact with it into homicidal and zombie-like beings known as the Infected.What is the shortest L4D2 campaign? ›
Crash Course is one of the shortest of any Left 4 Dead campaign and contains only two chapters.What is the hardest Left 4 Dead 2 campaign? ›
If you go with random Dark Carnival, The passing, The Sacrifice, Crash Course, The Last Stand, and Cold Stream are the most difficult.Will Left 4 Dead 3 come out? ›
Left 4 Dead 3 - is a 2024 first-person shooter game developed by Valve South and published by Valve. The game is the third game in the Left 4 Dead series. It came out for Microsoft Windows, as well as Xbox One and Xbox Series S in June 2024, and Mac OS and Linux in December 2024.How to disable AI in l4d2? ›
- Open console.
- Type sv_cheats 1.
- Type map <map name> to start the game.
- director_stop to disable Director AI.
- nb_delete_all to get rid of bots and spawned zombies.
- nb_blind 1 so that SI won't attack you.
- nb_stop 1 will freeze all bots and sb_stop 1 will freeze only bots-survivors.
By deafult it will be bound to the "grave accent" key ` (above TAB, left of 1). One way of removing all AI from the game is using "nb_delete_all". This command will remove bots as well as the infected from the current game.How do you play solo with bots back 4 blood? ›
Under the Play tab, select the Preferences option from the menu on the left. Once this is open, swap Private Lobby to on. This will stop the game from matchmaking you with other players, instead filling any empty slots with bots.How many endings are in Left 4 Dead 2? ›
Left 4 Dead 2 features four unique finales that differ from the above formula.Do you Respawn in Left 4 Dead 2? ›
The respawned Survivor(s) are usually transparent, but on rare occasions, they will be fully visible. If you die in Single Player mode or if all human players has died in Campaign mode, you are given no chance to respawn.How many players can play Left 4 Dead 2 offline? ›
The game features several multiplayer options including 2-8 player online and offline (via system link) support in several modes seen in the first game, including Campaign, Versus, and Survival, as well as the new Scavenge Mode.
Expert. Expert mode is the toughest difficulty of the four.What are the cheat codes for dead to right? ›
- Lazy Mode (All Levels, Minigames and FMV Sequences): hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2, and press DOWN, LEFT, DOWN, TRIANGLE, DOWN.
- One hit death: hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2, press TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, LEFT.
- Sniper scope cheat: hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2, press SQUARE, SQUARE, SQUARE, DOWN, RIGHT.
To enable third person shoulder mode you just open up console (see above) and type Thirdpersonshoulder then press enter.How do you get infinite ammo in l4d2? ›
Set this to 0 to disable infinite ammo (default). Set this to 1 to enable infinite ammo.
- Access your control panel and Stop your server.
- Go to Files > FTP File Access.
- Enter your Multicraft Password then click Login.
- Navigate to left4dead2/addons/ .
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and select the mods . vpk file then click Submit.
- Head back to your control panel and Start your server.
Pressing 0 toggles their visibility.Where is the passing L4D2? ›
The Passing takes place between Dead Center and Dark Carnival and is set in the suburban town of Rayford, Georgia. One of the most highly advertised features of this campaign is a meet-up between the Left 4 Dead 2 Survivors and three of the Survivors from Left 4 Dead.How do you use debug cheats? ›
Enabling debug cheats
To enable debug cheats in your game, enter the following into the cheats console: testingcheats true. A notification should appear below the console letting you know that cheats have been enabled. You can turn them back off again by entering testingcheats false.
To enter into “God mode” just type god into the console. It makes you invincible, and you can't take any damage. Unlike noclip, you won't be able to fly through walls; you will still move as other players do.What are cheat codes used for? ›
In essence, a cheat code modifies a core function of a game that affects gameplay in some way. Put into simpler terms, they modify what a player can and can't do. For the most part, cheat codes help the player — as in the case of invincibility or infinite ammo cheat codes.
In build mode you may want to place objects (like furniture or windows) in places that the grid won't allow. To do this activate the cheat console, type in “bb.moveobjects on”, and select the object you'd like to place and you'll find that you can put it anywhere inside your lot.How do I enable cheats on hl1? ›
Start Half-Life with the console enabled. Press the tilde (~) key to open the console. Enter sv_cheats 1 and press Enter.How do I activate testing cheats? ›
On PC, bring up the cheat menu by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C. Once there, enter testingCheats true and cheats will become enabled in this particular save.What is the cheat console? ›
The cheat console is an in-game function that can be activated to perform a small variety of functions, but use of it will exclude any affected save files from contributing to leaderboards placements and from unlocking achievements.How to cheat in Left 4 Dead map? ›
Start the game, and the console window should appear at the main menu. Enter ” bind p toggleconsole ” as a console command. Then, type one of the following ” map [map name]” codes and press [Enter] to load the corresponding map.What is the console command for mutation in l4d2? ›
To play any Mutation without it being up for that week on the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2, activate the console and type in: map map filename mutation-name. The map filename is any of the maps in the game, or a custom map.What is the easiest Left 4 Dead 2 survival map? ›
Dead center is the easiest because you can finish the ending the fastest, all you need to do is collect 13 gas cans but in the other levels you need to wait to escape and that can be more challanging. The sacrifice is the hardest in my opinion because at the end all those tanks make it hard to finish the level.What is the machine gun in Left 4 Dead 2? ›
The M60 is a Special Tier weapon that was introduced in Left 4 Dead 2. It carries only 150 rounds and, after being depleted, is dropped. The Survivor will then revert to their secondary weapon, much like with the Grenade Launcher.How long is the Left 4 Dead 2 campaign? ›
When focusing on the main objectives, Left 4 Dead 2 is about 10 Hours in length. If you're a gamer that strives to see all aspects of the game, you are likely to spend around 55½ Hours to obtain 100% completion.Are left 4 dead mods free? ›
Over a decade since its original release in 2009, Left 4 Dead 2 still enjoys developer patches, updates, and a very active modding community. Players are able to bank on these and enjoy tons of fantastic changes, graphical improvements, and fun mods to spice up the classic zombie survival game without any extra fees.
Player models, gun skins, zombie skins, flashlight skins, posters, and more do not show up for other people who play on your server unless they have also downloaded it as far as I know.What is the virus in L4D2 called? ›
The Green Flu, commonly referred to as The Infection was the name given to an unknown virus that converted most humans who came into contact with it into homicidal and zombie-like beings known as the Infected.What does boomer bile do in L4D2? ›
The Boomer: an extremely bloated Infected who vomits bile. The bile attracts a horde of Common Infected on contact with Survivors and also momentarily blinds them.How to load map L4D2 console commands? ›
Start the game, and the console window should appear at the main menu. Enter "bind p toggleconsole" as a console command. Then, type one of the following "map [map name]" codes and press enter to load the corresponding map.